Getting Started on My Capstone Project!

I've finally started work on my capstone project! Fellow Global Scholar Rory Xanders and I have decided to take on a project that Mrs. Larios proposed to our class during one of our weekly meetings: we are going to write, edit, and publish a book cataloguing different organizations in the Pasadena area that are working towards one or more of the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's). We are modeling the book after the Invest Yourself books.

In order to make this project work, Rory, Mrs. Larios and I decided we'd need some help. In addition to getting some Poly kids to interview the organizations they worked with throughout high school, we have Liz Arnold from Young and Healthy, who is helping us with the interviewing process, Susan Angus, who is helping us with the overall structure of the book and working out the timeline, and Red Hen Press, who has agreed to publish our book. We are also going to get some help from a couple of Poly students who are experts in graphic design, visual art, and copy editing.

So far, things are going great! We have had some preliminary meetings and we have our first large meeting with all of the volunteers willing to help out next week! I'll update you all as soon as I can!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts