Argentina part 2!

After my classmates from the Poly GIP Argentina trip returned home, I stayed in Buenos Aires for an additional two weeks to participate in a program called Sol Abroad. With Sol Abroad, I stayed with a host family and went to Spanish classes during the week with city "excursions" in the afternoons and on weekends. The classes last about 4-5 hours every day, so my grammar really improved quickly. Even with the classes and the excursions, I had plenty of free time to explore the city. I loved the parks in Buenos Aires and the area Puerto Madero. The highlights of my time with Sol were the excursion to Colonia, Uruguay, watching the Argentina world cup games in the plaza, playing guitar on the streets, a cultural experience called mate club, and getting to know the other kids in my program. I miss Argentina so much, but I had an incredible month that really opened my eyes to other lifestyles and other cultures. I know I'm going to return in the future. Thanks for everything, Argentina!

Comments

Popular Posts