GIP ARGENTINA!!

In the beginning of June I went on the GIP Argentina trip led by the wonderful Señora Levin! We did a one-week homestay with high school kids in Cordoba and spent one week exploring Buenos Aires. I will try and cover the highlights of the trip here, but I have SO MUCH to write about, so feel free to reach out to me if you have more questions! 

Cordoba
In Cordoba I stayed with a 15 year old boy named Benja. I stayed with him, his mom, his dad, his older sister, and his 3 dogs. Every morning we would wake up quite early and drive roughly 40 minutes to get to San Martin School. Once at school, the Poly group would usually branch off to go to museums while the San Martin kids had classes, but sometimes we would go on field trips together. In the evenings we would gather at someones house to hang out as a whole group. My favorite part about Cordoba was getting to know our host families and friends and learning about the different customs in Argentina.

Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is a very big city, but it's also somewhat compact -- driving from one end to the other doesn't take a long time. In Buenos Aires my favorite activities were the tango show and the Teatro Colon (a huge, old theatre that hosts ballets, operas, and concerts. We were lucky enough to book a hotel right on the most important street and the city, so we were within walking distance from just about everything.

All in all, this Poly GIP trip was the best experience I ever had. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am already planning to go back next summer! But my time in Argentina wasn't done -- when my classmates returned to the US, I stayed in Buenos Aires for two more weeks with a program called Sol Abroad, which I will write about in my next post.

Comments

Popular Posts